Please use the check list below in order to ensure that you have sent in all documents to complete your admissions file. All documents that are submitted to the University will need to include your name and social security number on the bottom of each page.
- Fall (August) Application Deadline – July 15
- Winter (January) Application Deadline – December 1
- Summer (May) Application Deadline – April 1
CAHSS accepts applications to the Master's and Graduate Certificate programs from any person who possesses, or is in the process of completing a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university. Applicants must complete all bachelor's degree requirements before beginning graduate studies.
- Complete online application form - Apply Now
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution. Official transcripts from all schools attended and/or agency evaluation of foreign degree.
- A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher in last 60 semester hours of undergraduate coursework or a master's degree with an overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Please briefly explain (500 word minimum) tell us why you are interested in the program to which you are applying for, as well as your professional goals, your assessment of your abilities to manage the challenges of graduate school, and any other information you would like to provide. The personal statement helps us get to know you beyond the objective data provided in review of your course grades and other objective information. It also demonstrates your ability to communicate your thoughts in a professional, organized and succinct manner.
- One academic or professional letter of recommendation with this reference form.
- A sample of academic writing
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- TOEFL score (if applicable)
- An interview may be required for admission to the program.
Fax unofficial documents to (954) 262-3609 or email NSU Graduate School.
Official electronic transcripts must be sent to Electronic Transcripts
Note: External Institutions Only
If you have any questions about the admissions process, you may contact the office of admissions at 800-541-6682, ext. 27563 or (954) 262-7563 or email NSU Graduate School.
Resident alien students are required to submit a copy of their Resident Alien card. International Students who reside outside the United States at the time of application, and whose native language is not English, must present evidence of proficiency in English by satisfactorily completing the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a 213 on the computer-based test or 79-80 on the Internet based test. For a full list of English proficiency tests that are accepted by the university, please visit International Students. Test scores must be submitted to the admissions office. For a TOEFL application information, visit the website at TOEFL or write to
Educational Testing Services
Princeton, New Jersey 08540
Applicants who have attended foreign universities or colleges are required to have their academic credentials evaluated for U.S. institutional equivalence. While there are several credential evaluators, the most widely used companies are listed below or visit NACES.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113
|Josef Silny & Associates
7101 SW 102nd Ave
Miami, FL 33173
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203
International students are encouraged to contact the Office of International Student Services at (954) 262-7240 or 800-541-6682, ext. 27240, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the International Students webpage.