As chair of the music major, it is my pleasure to introduce you to musical study at NSU. Our mission is to help you develop as a musician through expression, imagination, and vision.
We will help you create the technical framework to fully express yourself through music. You may work with a professional symphony, sing with a Broadway star, perform in a musical, play with a pep band at a basketball game, or record your own music. Use your imagination, because opportunities abound for you to be creative at NSU.
We are here to help you expand your musical knowledge, strengthen your technical skills, and craft your personal path. What is your musical vision?
Don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions about music at NSU.
Bill J. Adams, D.M.A.
Associate Professor, Coordinator of Performing Arts
Department of Performing and Visual Arts
College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
Why Choose This Major?
- Music majors at the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences benefit from exceptional faculty members who are personally invested in students' musical development.
- There is a vast array of performing opportunities to showcase your talent.
- The college offers truly incredible rehearsal spaces, classrooms, and performance venues.
- You can take advantage of internships with professional music, theatre, and presenting arts organizations.
- Experience with professional musicians is integral to this program.
- Graduates of this program are recording their own music and pursuing related graduate degrees.
- South Florida offers a cultural mix of diverse music genres.
Click here to learn about career opportunities for graduates of this program.