Dept. of Family Therapy
- Ph.D. Nova Southeastern University
- M.Ed. The Citadel
- B.S. Charleston Southern University
Tommie V. Boyd, Ph.D., is a Professor in the Department of Family Therapy and has been dedicated to mentoring students while at NSU. She is active in the community with a private practice, community outreach projects, and consulting. Her interests include research that looks at the underpinnings of relationships in families and couples. This curiosity developed from her research on illness couples who experienced the same chronic pain symptoms. Her work includes couple and family therapy, consulting with medical professionals and patients on illness and wellness issues, developing collaborative care between medical and mental health professionals, and teaching in her present position at NSU. She was one of the awardees for a 2004 NSU President's Grant that funded a collaborative project with the Physical Therapy Department and HASS on Parkinson's patients and caregiver therapy. She has conducted numerous workshops and conferences at the local, state, national, and international levels.
Dr. Boyd is also President of the Florida Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. She has been active in the profession for over 25 years and has served on the FAMFT Board for the past eight years. Her passion for legislative and parity issues has been evident on both the state and national levels.
- Family Systems Health Care I (residentially and online) Family Systems Health Care II (residentially and online)
- Health Care Concepts (residentially and online)
- Introduction to Marriage and Family Therapy
- Research in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Quantitative Research II
- Academic Writing
- Internal Clinical Practicums (doctoral and masters levels)
- External Clinical Practicums
News and Events