The College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences supports the academic and experiential learning of undergraduate students studying the performing and visual arts. Productions and visual art exhibitions hosted by the college's Department of Performing and Visual Arts showcase the unique and diverse work of our students, faculty members, and guest artists. The university and local community are encouraged to attend, engage in, and support these events, which are held in the Performing and Visual Arts Wing of the Don Taft University Center on NSU's main campus.
Students studying and/or participating in art, theatre, dance, musical theatre, music, and graphic design at the college gain access to:
- Scene and costume shops
- Dance studio
- Orchestra, choral, and music practice rooms
- Music keyboard and technology labs
- Studios dedicated to painting, drawing, sculpture, ceramics, and graphic design
The college's theatrical and musical performances are held in the 230-seat Performance Theatre and the 100-seat Black Box Theatre. Visual art exhibitions by student, faculty, and emerging artists in solo, group, and juried exhibitions are held in Gallery 217.
Auditions are generally held twice a year, at the start of the fall and winter semesters. Auditions are open to all students, faculty, and staff of NSU.
Tickets can be pre-purchased online, or at the box office the day of the show. To pre-purchase tickets, visit the “Performing Arts Schedule” tab, and select the show you wish to see. You will be redirected to OvationTix to complete your purchase.
All performances are open to the public. For ticket information, call (954) 262-8179.
Tickets are not required for entrance to visual art exhibitions held in Gallery 217. Gallery hours vary.
Parking and Directions
- Directions to Campus
- Once you enter NSU's north entrance on Ray Ferrero Jr. Blvd., proceed to the parking garage on your right.
- Exit the garage and walk south.
- Continue past the Alvin Sherman Library on the left (east).
- The Don Taft University Center will be straight ahead (south/southeast of garage).