Are you looking for a profession that is intellectually challenging? A profession that allows you flexibility in determining your ultimate career path? A college program that contains content that is not only relevant in our current economic environment, but one that will allow you to obtain financial autonomy?
If you wish to enter the challenging legal profession, this program offers you the perfect opportunity to meet that goal. The Paralegal Studies program at NSU is governed and approved by the American Bar Association. All our classes are taught by licensed Florida attorneys and judges. The program concentrates on not only legal theory, but hands-on application.
When you graduate with a degree in paralegal studies, you have in-hand employable skills; skills that will give you that employment edge.
We welcome your questions, look forward to speaking with you, and hope to see you in our program.
Jessica Garcia-Brown, J.D., LL.M.
Department of Justice and Human Services
College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
Why Choose This Major?
- The course content is approved by the American Bar Association, which ensures that the program is timely and evolves with the current legal environment.
- All classes taught by licensed attorneys and judges'Äìnever a graduate student teacher or teaching assistant.
- The program houses a chapter of Lambda Epsilon Chi, a national academic honor society for paralegal students.
- All legal courses are taught by Florida Bar attorneys and Florida judges.
- The major concentrates on practical, hands-on application.
- It offers training in legal software applications used by Florida law firms, as well as training in computerized legal research.
- The program provides internship opportunities with private law firms and government agencies.
- There are convenient classes for working individuals, offering small, evening classes and selected online paralegal classes.
- Students have opportunities for court observation.
- Students leave with a professional portfolio to bring to employment interviews and to use as a resource manual on the job.
- Students graduate with employable skills.
Click here to learn more about career opportunities for graduates of this program.