To ensure that your application is complete, please use the checklist below and follow the detailed instructions provided for each item. All documents that are submitted to the University will need to include your name on each page.
- Complete online application form.
- All applicants must hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher in last 60 semester hours of undergraduate coursework or a master's degree with an overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Application fee of $50 (in U.S. dollars) made payable to Nova Southeastern University will be charged for each application submitted.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from current professors, employers, supervisors, or similar people most familiar with your professional experience. Letters of recommendation must be less than one year old.
Official transcripts from all colleges or universities you attended are required. Official electronic transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address below:
Applicants who have attended foreign universities or colleges are required to have their academic credentials evaluated for U.S. institutional equivalence. Please visit the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services for more information. International students are encouraged to contact the Office of International Student Services at (954) 262-7240 or 800-541-6682, ext. 27240, or by email at email@example.com, or visit the Office of International Students and Scholars.
- Provide a personal statement of 300 words detailing your goals in research interests and special qualifications for the program. This statement must be attached to the application.
Submit one of the following:
- Copy of completed master's thesis or equivalent capstone deliverable; the paper must reflect original work, be exclusively of the applicant's authorship and should have been supervised and evaluated by a faculty member.
- GRE score of 300 or better on the combined verbal and quantitative sections based on the new score reports (Effective November 2011) or a combined score of 1000 or better on the old score reports. Test scores are valid for five years after the testing year in which you tested.
- Sample of published work from a refereed publication within the criminal justice or related discipline;
- Successful completion of J.D. or doctorate in related field
- Submit a copy of current curriculum vitae
Please Mail Items To
Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services
Attn: Criminal Justice
3301 College Avenue P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33329-9905
If you have any questions about the admissions process, call (954) 262-7563 / (800) 541-6682, 27563 (a-s-k-m-e), or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.